Title: Lifelong Learning Intern
Department: Museum Education and Lifelong Learning
Supervisor: Program Specialist, Museum Outreach
Hours: 15 hours per week
Timeframe: Fall 2013
Location: MN History Center, Saint Paul
Project Summary: An internship with the lifelong learning team will primarily include supporting work with the Regional Library Partnership programs. The position will write/edit a bi-monthly newsletter to library partners, prep programs (restocking bins, material prep), enter evaluations. Additional work will include assisting on lifelong learning team with internet research to help guide strategic priority work and other duties as assigned.
Ideal degrees: Working towards a degree in communications, education, or marketing.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with internet research
- A positive attitude
- write bi-monthly newsletter to library partners
- prep programs (restocking bins, material prep),
- enter evaluations
- internet research
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge intern is expected to gain:
- An understanding of outreach programs and what it takes to run them
- A understanding of the importance of evaluation and how we do it
- Two newsletters for future writing sample uses
Additional Materials Required
- One to two writing samples demonstrating research and writing skills
To apply, please visit the Internship Program Application Process page.