Title: Multimedia Intern
Department: Multimedia Program
Supervisor: Multimedia Manager
Hours: 10-16 hours per week
Timeframe: Fall 2013 (September - December)
Status: Unpaid. (A limited number of stipends are available to students from communities of color who are underrepresented in the Society)
Location: Minnesota History Center, Saint Paul, MN
Project Summary: The Multimedia Intern will assist MHS multimedia staff in the development, production and implementation of a variety of multimedia projects for education, promotion, mobile tours, curricular products, and multimedia elements within exhibits. This spring internship will include work on the upcoming exhibit Minnesota and the Civil War.
Student Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have 2-3 years undergraduate experience in multimedia, film making or related courses and should posses basic media production skills including videography, sound recording, editing, DVD authoring, preparing files for web delivery. Experience with Final Cut Studio and Adobe Production Suite applications is desired. Multimedia installation experience a plus.
Ideal degrees: Multimedia, film making or related field.
- Work on a variety of projects from educational curricular and promotional to immersive exhibit multimedia
- Learn about the role of multimedia production within the Society’s programs and exhibitions
- Assist multimedia producers on all aspects of production
- Prepare projects for DVD and web delivery
- Assist with accessibility, including captioning
- Assist with multimedia exhibit installations
- Work within set deadlines
Knowledge intern is expected to gain:
- Experience working in many aspects of multimedia production for exhibits and programs
- Exposure to production best practices related to museum multimedia
- Introduction to the integration of multimedia experiences in exhibits
- Increased awareness of the operations of a large public museum
Additional Materials Required:
- Work sample reel. Links to streaming media preferred. DVDs also accepted.
To apply, please visit the Internship Program Application Process page.