Title: Web Design Intern
Department: Enterprise Technology, Web Team
Supervisor: Manager of Web and Mobile Services
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Timeframe: Spring 2014 (January – May)
Location: Minnesota History Center, Saint Paul, MN
Project Summary: The intern will assist with the transformation of the MHS Web presence as the organization implements new strategy, process, and design. While there are many technologies involved, the predominant framework is Drupal. The intern will workwith direction and assistance from the Web Project Manager and professionals on the MHS Web Team and in other areas of MHS. Other projects as assigned, contributing to a range of professional experiences. Students will work in an office environment, with most of their time spent working on a computer.
Ideal degrees: Computer science, business, education or history
Student Qualifications: Must have basic experience working with Web programming and Web site development. Drupal experience not required, however a desire to learn Drupal is necessary. Web graphic design experience is a plus, but is not necessary. Web site information architecture knowledge is a plus. Must understand how to prepare multimedia assets for web delivery.
- Move existing Web content from a specific set of mnhs.org websites to Drupal templates
- Participate in Web strategy development and practical application (New item)
- Prepare multimedia assets for web delivery
- Other projects as assigned
Knowledge intern is expected to gain:
- Practical, i.e. can claim on a resume, experience with Web site development
- Work samples for student portfolio
- Experience working on Web development with museum professionals
- Drupal experience
- Learn how program staff and the Web development team function in a non-profit setting
To apply, please visit the Internship Program Application Process page.