Title: Web Design Intern
Department: Enterprise Technology, Web Team
Supervisor: Web Project Manager
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Timeframe: Summer 2013 (June - August)
Location: Minnesota History Center, Saint Paul, MN
Project Summary: The intern will assist with converting existing html based websites to Drupal, with direction and assistance from the Web Project Manager and Drupal experts on the MHS Web Team. Other projects as assigned, contributing to a range of professional experiences. Students will work in an office environment, with most of their time spent working on a computer.
Ideal degrees: Computer science, business, education or history
Student Qualifications: Graduate students or undergraduate seniors and juniors are encouraged to apply. Must have experience working with Web programming and Web site development. Drupal experience not required, however a desire to learn Drupal is necessary. Web graphic design experience is a plus, but is not necessary. Web site information architecture knowledge is a plus. Must understand how to prepare multimedia assets for web delivery.
- Move existing Web content from a specific set of mnhs.org websites to Drupal templates
- Prepare multimedia assets for web delivery
- Other projects as assigned
Knowledge intern is expected to gain:
- Practical, i.e. can claim on a resume, experience with Web site development
- Work samples for student portfolio
- Experience working on Web development with museum professionals
- Drupal experience
- Learn how program staff and the Web development team function in a non-profit setting
For more information or to apply, please visit the Internship Program Application Process page. Applications for this position close on April 14, 2013.