The Minnesota Historical Society’s History Center Museum seeks a Project Specialist to coordinate all aspects of exhibit development, design and production including team process, budgeting and scheduling necessary to ensure successful, on time, within budget completion of projects. The Project Specialist facilitates communications within exhibits teams, between exhibits teams and Minnesota Historical Society (MHS) stakeholders beyond the team structure and with outside vendors and/or contractors and ensures work is consistent with the mission, policies and best interests of MHS. This is a full-time project position located at the Minnesota History Center in St. Paul, Minnesota subject to renewal each June 30, dependent upon available funding and program need. Major responsibilities include the following: 1) provides exhibit project team leadership; 2) performs budgeting, scheduling and bidding responsibilities; 3) coordinates and facilitates effective internal and external communications; 4) coordinates productions activities with museum staff and others; and 5) performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in business administration, operations management or project management in an education or artistic environment.
- At least five years of progressive production planning/scheduling experience, some of which must be in a related field and include a broad range of similar functions.
- Proven skill in estimating labor and materials costs for a variety of production tasks from rough carpentry to mount making.
- Knowledge of fabrication and construction.
- Working knowledge of computers for use with database, spreadsheets, word processing and computer aid design software.
- Detail-oriented planning, monitoring and follow-up skills.
- Previous exhibit project management experience.
- Expert knowledge of exhibit development and production methodologies and process.
- Expert knowledge of architectural and exhibits fabrication and production techniques.
- Working knowledge of computer aided design software.
- Ability to effectively write clear specifications and evaluate vendor proposals and workmanship.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, take initiative and be proactive.
- Proven competence as a manager and team player, including the ability to lead creative groups and motivate people to accomplish common goals.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and to adapt to evolving circumstances.
SALARY: $ 3,268 monthly minimum
CONTACT: Karen Johnson, Karen.Johnson@mnhs.org, Production Manager, History Center Museum, 651-259-3051. To apply, send letter of application, resume, names of three professional references and MHS application form to: Minnesota Historical Society, Human Resources Department, Project Specialist Position, 345 Kellogg Blvd. West, St. Paul, MN 55102-1906. Application materials must be post-marked no later than August 13, 2007. EEO/AA