Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest! Most volunteer positions are currently filled to capacity. Please check again for future openings.
When applications are being accepted, this is the application process:
1. Complete an application online. Tell us which position most interests you, when you are available and your experience.
2. Applicants under 18 years old must also complete a Student Addendum which includes a parental/guardian permission and two references.
3. Meet with a Volunteer Services staff member to discuss your interests.
4. If your interest matches one of our volunteer needs, meet with the staff person involved in the project to learn more about the position.
5. Pass a background check before beginning as a volunteer. You will be asked to provide:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Past residence
The Society is committed to providing a safe, and secure environment for visitors, staff and volunteers. Prospective volunteers are required to pass a background check as a condition of volunteer placement.