Orientation for New Society Staff and Volunteers
- Learn about the Minnesota Historical Society, founded in 1849, nine years before Minnesota became a state.
- Hear from division and department heads about their award-winning programs and initiatives.
- See historic objects which range from Victorian braided hair jewelry, stunning quilts and Indian beadwork.
- Find out how conservators repair damaged paper, textile and three-dimensional objects.
"The tour gave me a better sense of the breadth and depth of the Society's mission, collections, resources and staff. I felt part of the whole Society instead of a single small section." -- A previous attendee
2014 Orientation Schedule
- Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 8:45am to Noon
- Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 8:45am to Noon
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 6:00 to 8:30 pm (evening tour)
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 8:45am to Noon
All orientations are held in the Fraternal Congress Classroom at the History Center.
If you have questions, contact Michelle Jorges in Human Resources/Volunteer
Services at 651-259-3190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't have it already, Adobe provides downloading instructions for the free Acrobat Reader for Macintosh and Windows.