Orientation for New Society Staff and Volunteers
- Learn about the Minnesota Historical Society, founded in 1849, nine years before Minnesota became a state.
- Hear from division and department heads about their award-winning programs and initiatives.
- See historic objects such as American Indian beadwork, Civil War flags, and 19th Century clothing, and learn how these unique items are stored and cared for.
- Find out how conservators repair damaged paper, textile and three-dimensional objects.
2013 Orientation Schedule
- Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 8:30 to Noon
- Tuesday, April 9, 2013, 8:30 to Noon
- Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. (evening tour)
- Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 8:30 to Noon
All orientations are held in the Fraternal Congress Classroom at the History Center.
If you have questions, contact Michelle Jorges in Human Resources/Volunteer
Services at 651-259-3190 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or,
download the orientation
registration form (PDF).
If you don't have it already, Adobe provides downloading instructions for the free Acrobat Reader for Macintosh and Windows.