Onamia, MN 56359
Enjoy a day of music performed by some of the premier American Indian musicians from Minnesota. The lineup includes Annie Humphrey from Leech Lake, a well-known activist and folk-rock singer; Thomas X (Thomas Barrett), from Red Lake, an up-and-coming hip-hop/rap artist; as well as local musicians from the Mille Lacs Band who will play flute music and perform hand drum songs.
This program is sponsored in part by the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Society of Friends Indian Committee and the Mille Lacs Energy Community Trust.
- 11 am: Welcome and opening hand drum song by Arlyn Sam, Mille Lacs
- 11:15 am: Flute music by Max Blake, Mille Lacs
- 12 pm: Thomas X, Red Lake
- 1:30 pm: Annie Humphrey, Leech Lake
- 3:00 pm: Corey Medina and Brothers, Navajo
- 4:30 pm: Hand drum songs and traveling song by Arlyn Sam, Mille Lacs
2017-05-27 11:00:00 2017-05-27 11:00:00 America/Chicago American Indian Music Fest Mille Lacs Indian Museum and Trading Post