Researching Dakota Family History
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions. Correspondence
- Aiton, John Felix, and Family Papers
- Brown, Joseph R. and Samuel J., and Family Papers
- Chambers and Johnson Family Papers
- Dakota Conflict of 1862 Manuscripts Collections
- Dakota, Mixed Blood Indian and White Biographical Files Notebook
- Flandrau, Charles Eugene, and Family Papers
- Grey Cloud Woman Notebook
- Lawrence, Elizabeth Wakeman, Papers
- * McLaughlin, James, Papers
- Papers Relating to Prairie Island Indian Community, 1958-1959
- Pond Family Papers
- Riggs, Stephen R., and Family Papers
- Saint Clair, Henry Whipple, Papers
- Satterlee, Marion P. and William W., Papers
- Sibley, Henry H., Papers
- Taliaferro, Lawrence, Papers
- United States. Adjutant General's Office. Letters Received … 1861-1870
- * Whipple, Henry B., Papers
- Williamson, Thomas S., Papers
See also CENSUS AND OTHER LISTS for various archival records.
See also MILITARY RECORDS for archival records of military service.
See also VITAL RECORDS for birth, marriage, and death records.