The intern will work with the Oral History department’s collections. The primary responsibility of the intern will be to transcribe, review, and edit interviews and catalog Oral History Projects.
Must be a college sophomore, junior, or senior and possess the following:
- Interest in state and local history
- Interest in transcribing from audio
- Editing experience
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience transcribing is a plus
- Transcribe audio interviews into written transcriptions
- Catalog interviews, and get them ready for access online.
- Attend staff meetings as needed.
- Training in Oral History standard practices
- Experience transcribing and editing
- Experience in the Collections department
- Experience in a professional museum environment
- Projects worked on will eventually be online and will make a great addition to the intern's portfolio
- Can present work done at staff meetings