Forest History Center

Vertical Tabs

Introduction

The Forest History Center brings to life a recreated 1900s-era logging camp and floating cook shack moored on the Mississippi River. The site also includes a 1930s forest ranger's cabin, fire tower, self-guided trails and a visitor center with interactive exhibits about Minnesota’s forests. The Forest History Center is located at 2609 County Road 76, near Highways 169 and 2 in Grand Rapids.

Images

Forest History Center Images

Forest History Center Images

These images may be used for editorial purposes in magazines, newspapers, broadcast and online to promote the Forest History Center.

Forest History Center logging camp

Forest History Center logging camp

Photo by Dan Marshall/Charlie Vaughn, courtesy Minnesota Historical Society

Download high-res image (578.02 KB)

Forest History Center fire tower

Forest History Center fire tower

Photo by John Connelly, courtesy Minnesota Historical Society

Download high-res image (4.87 MB)

Forest History Center in winter

Forest History Center in winter

Photo by Paul Pluskwik, courtesy Minnesota Historical Society

Download high-res image (4.41 MB)

Trying out sawing a log

Photo by Charlie Vaughn, courtesy Minnesota Historical Society

Download high-res image (11.25 MB)

Forest Cook Shack, photo by William F. Roleff

Lumberjacks eating in mess hall, photo by William F. Roleff, about 1913

Photo courtesy Minnesota Historical Society

Download high-res image (1.18 MB)

Grand Rapids logging camp, 1903

Horses pulling a load of logs, photo by Brown, 1903

Photo courtesy Minnesota Historical Society

Download high-res image (1.59 MB)
B-Roll Video
News Releases