Lac qui Parle Mission

Vertical Tabs

Introduction

Lac qui Parle Mission was founded in 1835 and is where the first Dakota-language dictionary, grammar, and gospel were completed. The chapel was reconstructed by the Works Progress Administration in the 1940s. The site is located eight miles northwest of Montevideo on County Highway 13, off U.S. Highway 59. Lac qui Parle Mission is managed by the Chippewa County Historical Society.

Images

Lac qui Parle Mission Images

Lac qui Parle Mission Images

These images may be used for editorial purposes in magazines, newspapers, broadcast and online to promote Lac qui Parle Mission.

Lac qui Parle Mission

Photo by John Cross, courtesy Minnesota Historical Society

Download high-res image (3.59 MB)

Lac qui Parle

Lac qui Parle State Park and restored mission, 1955

Photo courtesy Minnesota Historical Society

Download high-res image (1.28 MB)
News Releases

No releases exist.