For immediate release
MEDIA ALERT: Enjoy a Trip to MNHS Sites and Museums to Kick Off the Thanksgiving Holiday
As the leaves finally fall and colder weather sneaks in, MNHS historic sites and museums are preparing for the holidays. The season kicks off this month with several Thanksgiving events in November.
Head to Oliver Kelley Farm to experience Thanksgiving as it was celebrated 150 years ago during A Yankee Thanksgiving Tour on Nov. 23 & 24. Visitors to the Mill City Museum can learn about the changing traditions of Thanksgiving over time with Thanksgiving: Myth, Memory, and Food on Saturday, Nov. 23. During Thanksgiving break from Nov. 29-Dec. 1, join Brickmania at the Minnesota History Center for First Avenue-themed fun and help build Lego portraits of the music venue's iconic performers.
Plus, on Wednesday, Nov. 27, historic holiday tours begin at James J. Hill House, and Victorian Christmas tours at Alexander Ramsey House and A WWI Christmas at Charles Lindbergh House and Museum begin Friday, Nov. 29.
The following sites are open on Friday, November 29 for visitors to enjoy:
- Alexander Ramsey House: 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Holiday programming)
- Charles Lindbergh House and Museum: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (Holiday programming)
- James J. Hill House: 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (Holiday programming)
- Mill City Museum: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Minnesota History Center: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Split Rock Lighthouse: 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Photo caption: Anna Christopherson Kelly checking a turkey in the oven, ca. 1935