For immediate release
Big Wow Video Contest Rules
Our Big Wow Family Variety Show and our “Then Now Wow” exhibit are all about Minnesota “wows.” Both feature talented Minnesotans who contribute to making Minnesota a unique and culturally diverse state. What’s your wow? What makes you a unique Minnesotan? Share a video of your biggest wow with us and you could win tickets to the Big Wow Family Variety Show and “Then Now Wow”! Your wow could be anything, so be creative!
WHAT TO ENTER
More than one video entry will be accepted. Submit as many as you wish. Videos should be no longer than one minute.
Videos will be chosen based on:
- Uniqueness: What makes your talent, skill, creativity unique?
- Wow-factor: Did we literally say, “Wow!” when we saw your video?
HOW TO ENTER
Submit your video by sending us a link to your video posted online, on YouTube, Vimeo, or another video sharing service. Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will retain all rights to any video you submit — including ownership if applicable. You only grant the Minnesota Historical Society rights (as described below) to your video if you are honored by the competition as a winner. Before announcing the winners, the Society will contact you to confirm that you grant us rights to your image as described below.
If your video is formally honored by the competition as a winner, you grant the Society a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the video on the Internet in support of our mission.
- Use the video in Society’s non-commercial communications.
- Provide your video to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, Society-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Big Wow Video Contest, your name and city of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
- Each of the winning videos may be shown at a Big Wow Family Variety Show performance on Jan. 26, Feb. 23 or March 30.
As conditions of this permission, the Society will credit all videos with the caption "© Person's Name".
Video entries can be sent starting on January 11, 2013. The deadline for submitting photo entries is 11:59 pm on January 21.
Once photos have been uploaded, the Minnesota Historical Society will choose the winners. Three winners will be chosen.
Winning videos will be announced and posted on January 23, 2013 on the Minnesota Historical Society’s Facebook page, Twitter account, and YouTube page.
Winners will be contacted by the Minnesota Historical Society via email. Winners will be notified prior to the official announcement.
Each winner will receive four tickets to the Big Wow Family Variety Show of their choice (Jan. 26, Feb. 23 or March 30), which includes admission to the Minnesota History Center.
BEST OF LUCK! We look forward to seeing your videos!