For immediate release
Spring on the Oliver Kelley Farm
As the Oliver Kelley Farm kicks off its open season in April and May, visitors can experience the goings-on of spring on a working farm. Help plant gardens, tend growing crops and meet newborn animals on the historic farm and in the new Farm Lab.
Spring events and programs include:
- Plan Your Garden for Seed Saving Workshop: March 11, 9 a.m.-Noon, $15/$13 MNHS members
Create a garden plan and learn techniques for seed-saving from year to year.
- Seed Savers Exchange: March 12, 2-4 p.m., Free
At this annual event, discover rare and heirloom seeds, learn from a gardening expert and take home seeds to plant.
- Egg-Stravaganza Cooking Workshop: April 8, 9-11 a.m., $18/$16 MNHS members
Head to the Learning Kitchen for a hands-on workshop on new and unique ways to use hard-boiled eggs.
- Bird House Building Workshop: April 8, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., $5 with regular admission
Drop in and craft a home for birds, which aid farmers in insect control and pollination.
- Grand Opening Celebration: May 6 & 7, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Free with regular admission
A weekend officially opening the farm’s newest spaces with guest chef demos, live music, food and much more.
- Mother’s Day Weekend: May 13 & 14, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Free with regular admission
Spend a weekend exploring spring on the farm from the 1860s to today. Mothers are admitted free when accompanied by a child.