Directory of Minnesota Photographers - Additional resources
|Hans Killy's Photograph Gallery by Craver Brothers, Bird Island, ca. 1900.
The Library of the Minnesota Historical Society has a variety of resources to help you learn more about photographers who worked in Minnesota. Some were used to compile the biographies but there are many additional sources. The following list is not complete, but it should be enough to get you started. All resources are available for use through the Library, located at the Minnesota History Center.
- A series of 74 Research Notebooks on Minnesota Photography and Photographers compiled by Alan R. Woolworth, available in the Minnesota Historical Society manuscripts collections.
- Collections Online, available online through the Minnesota Historical Society website, contains examples of the work of most Minnesota photographers as well as information about photographs in the collections at the Minnesota Historical Society.
- Vertical clippings files on photographers available in the Minnesota Historical Society Library.
- Pioneer Photographers of the Far West : a Biographical Dictionary, 1840-1865 by Peter E. Palmquist and Thomas R. Kailbourn. MHS call number: Reading Room TR139 .P35 2000
- Pioneer Photographers from the Mississippi to the Continental Divide: a Biographical Dictionary, 1839-1865 by Peter E. Palmquist and Thomas R. Kailbourn. MHS Call number: Reading Room TR139 .P345 2005
- Minnesota Photographers : a List of Practitioners Compiled from City Directories by Patricia Harpole. MHS call number: Reading Room TR24.M6 H37 1993
- Check the library catalog for other materials.