Historic Name: Yellow Bank Church Campground Bridge
Mn/DOT Bridge Number: Bridge No. L-7744
Bridge Type: Single-span through truss
County: Lac qui Parle
City/Township: Agassiz Twp., Yellow Bank Twp.
Crossing: Twp. Rd. 76 over Yellow Bank River
Contractor: King Bridge Company, Cleveland
Year Built: 1893
Overall Length: 119 feet
Overall Width: 15.1 feet
Adapted from the National Register of Historic Places nomination form prepared by Fredric L. Quivik, Renewable Technologies, Inc. The Yellow Bank Church Campground Bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
Summary of Historic Significance
The Yellow Bank Church Campground Bridge is an iron or steel, single-span, pin-connected through truss, with a wood beam stringer approach span at each end. Its truss arrangement does not conform to any common types, although with its diagonals at varying angles it resembles the Thacher truss patented in 1881. The Yellow Bank Church Campground Bridge is historically significant for its association with the King Bridge Company of Cleveland, Ohio, one of the important out-of-state bridge builders in Minnesota. The bridge is also significant as an example of the continuing experimentation with bridge truss configuration during the late 19th century. The Yellow Bank Church Campground Bridge retains excellent integrity.