Bridge No. L-3040 is a single-span, stone-arch bridge that carries unpaved Co. Rd. 51 over a dry stream bed. Built of yellow coursed-ashlar limestone the bridge displays flared stepped wing walls and a semicircular arch with a 15-foot span springing from grade level. The south end of the arch is partially buried by drifted sand. Although the foundation beneath the northwest corner of the arch has been eroded, the bridge maintains its stability. The roadway is bordered by metal railings, angle-iron on the west and pipe on the east. The railings are embedded in deteriorating concrete parapets that cover the original stone coping. The bridge's overall width is about 14 feet.
The bridge has unusually fine masonry for a rural structure. Mortar joints are one-half inch thick in the spandrel walls and one-quarter inch thick between the ring stones. The spandrel stones immediately above the arch are cut with a concave surface to fit the curve of the extrados. Ornamented with tooled margins, the keystones are slightly elongated, flared and protruding. Although both keystones originally displayed the inscription "1878," the west elevation retains only the first three digits, having lost the final "8" to a vertical fracture. The other ring stones, measuring 12 inches in width and 18 inches in height, are well blocked with tooled lower margins. The source of the bridge's limestone has not been determined, although it apparently originated in the same quarry that supplied stone for the abutments of a railway girder bridge about 50 yards to the west. Despite alterations to the original parapet and some deterioration of the limestone, the bridge retains the most significant features of its original design, especially in terms of the configuration of the arch and the precision of the stonework.