Things to See & Do
- Track the founding and growth of Minneapolis and its glory days as the flour milling capital of the world while visiting the Mill City Museum, Mill Ruins Park, First Bridge Park, Upper St. Anthony Falls Lock & Dam Visitor Center, Federal Reserve Bank Plaza, Whitney Plaza and Water Power Park.
- Explore the beautiful St. Anthony Falls Heritage Trail on a self-guided walking tour.
- Visit the restored Ard Godfrey house, the oldest home in Minneapolis.
- Experience the power of St. Anthony Falls from the magnificent Stone Arch Bridge.
Culture and entertainment
- Take in performances at two Tony Award- winning Minneapolis theaters —
The Guthrie and Theatre de la Jeune Lune.
- See cutting-edge art at the Soap Factory.
- Revel in the literary arts at the Open Book.
- Enjoy a movie or live music.
Food and shopping
- Savor the cuisine at an outstanding restaurant.
- Sip a cocktail on an outdoor patio.
- Explore fascinating shops in Northeast and the North Loop.
Parks and recreation
- Walk, bike or blade miles of trails.
- Find out why this special area is a national park and earn your Junior Ranger badge.
- Take in the sights on the Minneapolis Queen excursion boat, a Twin Cities Trolley ride, pedicab, or a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride.
- Relax and admire scenic views of the river, the downtown skyline and the historic district from the Riverfront parks.
- Explore the district on a Segway tour.
- Ice skate at the historic Depot Ice Rink.
- Celebrate with one of the many festivals, events or fireworks displays.