- Forests, Fields, and the Falls: Connecting Minnesota
Minnesota’s rich adolescence is a story of hard work and the intertwining of four industries: lumbering, sawmilling, flour milling and farming. Join Joseph DeLaittre in the lumber camps of Aitkin and take a walk through the sawmills of 1900s Minneapolis with young Melvin Frank. Click on points of interest throughout the story to link to a collection of historical records for a more in-depth look.
- Minnesota DNR Division of Forestry
The Division of Forestry works with public and private entities to promote the conservation, protection, and enjoyment of Minnesota's forest resources through sustainable management, wildfire and pest protection, and technical forestry assistance.
- Interagency Information Coorperative
The overall mission of the IIC is to enhance the access and use of forest resources data in Minnesota.
- United States Forest Service:
- Iron Range Tourism
- Forest History Society
- Iron World
- International Wolf Center
- Voyageur's National Park
- Forest Fire Lookout Association
- Mississippi River Parkway Commission
- Mississippi National River & Recreation Area
- World Forestry Center
- Cradle of Forestry in American Interpretive Association
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- Grand Rapids Convention & Visitor's Bureau
- Edge of the Wilderness Scenic By-way
- Minnesota Forest Resources Council
The Minnesota Forest Resources Council (MFRC) was established in 1995 by Minnesota's Sustainable Forest Resources Act (SFRA). The MFRC serves two roles. First, it helps develop and implement SFRA initiatives. Additionally, the MFRC advises the governor and federal, state and local governments on sustainable forest resource policies and practices.
- For information on hotels, restaurants and other activites in the area, visit the
Explore Minnesota - Minnesota Office of Tourism - Northeast destination area