dots
Photo of Fergus Falls State Hospital, 1915.
Results banner


Minneapolis Fire Department Repair Shop
   (see all building properties)

Maintenance shop designed by Downs and Eads built in 1910 with 1922 addition to repair and convert fire fighting equipment from horse-drawn to motorized vehicles.

County:  Hennepin
Address:  24 University Ave. NE and 222 First Avenue NE
City or Township:  Minneapolis
Listing Date:  May 19, 2005
Nomination:  05000447.pdf
Significance Level:   Local
Criteria:   A (see criteria)
Date:   1910
Style:   Commercial, Late 19th and 20th Century American Movements
Architect:   Downs & Eads
Theme:   Politics/Government
Historic Functions:   Fire Station
Current Functions:   Business/Professional
Foundation Material:   Limestone
Roof Material:   Asphalt
Wall Material:   Brick


Photo of Minneapolis Fire Department Repair Shop



 Minnesota Historical Society· 345 W. Kellogg Blvd.,  St. Paul, MN 55102-1906·651-259-3000   Copyright ©  2009. Send questions/comments to Webmaster@mnhs.org.


MNHS logo
Minnesota Historical Society Click here to visit the Minnesota Historical Society Web Site. Click here to visit Minnesota's State Historic Preservation Office Web Site.