dots
Photo of Fergus Falls State Hospital, 1915.
Results banner


Chamber of Commerce Building (Grain Exchange)
   (see all building properties)

Three adjoining buildings by prominent architects Kees and Colburn (main building, 1902), Long, Lamoreaux, and Long (east building, 1909), and Bertrand and Chamberlain (north building, 1928).

County:  Hennepin
Address:  400 and 412 S. 4th St and 301 4th Ave. S.
City or Township:  Minneapolis
Listing Date:  November 23, 1977
Nomination:  95000821.pdf
Significance Level:   Local
Criteria:   A, C (see criteria)
Date:   1902
Style:   Sullivanesque
Architect:   Bertrand and Chamberlain, Kees and Colburn, Long and Lamoreaux
Theme:   architecture, commerce
Historic Functions:   Business, Organizational
Current Functions:   Business, Organizational
Foundation Material:   Granite
Roof Material:   Asphalt
Wall Material:   Brick, Limestone


Photo of Chamber of Commerce Building (Grain Exchange)


Related Links:
«NR Featured Property

 Minnesota Historical Society· 345 W. Kellogg Blvd.,  St. Paul, MN 55102-1906·651-259-3000   Copyright ©  2009. Send questions/comments to Webmaster@mnhs.org.


MNHS logo
Minnesota Historical Society Click here to visit the Minnesota Historical Society Web Site. Click here to visit Minnesota's State Historic Preservation Office Web Site.