kurtzman History Day internship
High school History Day students are invited to apply for a summer internship through the Minnesota Historical Society!
Thanks to the generous support of Ralph and Virginia Kurtzman, two summer internships are available for History Day participants. Each intern will be scheduled for 50 hours and will receive a $500 stipend. Hours are flexible, with projects and work locations to be determined based on the interests, skills and availability of the students selected for this program.
The purpose of this internship program is to give students, who have used the History Day program to build their academic skills, a unique opportunity to work with history professionals at the Minnesota Historical Society. Sample internship projects may include:
- Working with museum or historic site staff as they prepare and present programs to the public.
- Helping the History Day staff prepare materials for the 2011-2012 school year.
- Assisting with the organization and care of MHS collections.
In order to apply for this internship program, students must:
- Be in 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade in the 2010-2011 academic year.
- Have completed a History Day project in the 2010-2011 academic year. Participation in a competition is not required.
- Have access to housing and transportation.
The History Day internship will be completed at the Minnesota History Center in St. Paul, or at an MHS museum or historic site in the Twin Cities or greater Minnesota.
The application deadline has passed. Thanks to all who applied! Successful applicants will be publicly announced at the State History Day awards ceremony on May 1, 2011.
Questions? Contact Heidi Kloempken at 651-259-3437.