State Historic Preservation Office

Lanesboro Historic District

Name of Property:
City or Vicinity: Lanesboro
County: Fillmore County
State: MN
Name of Photographer: Alex Haecker
Date of Photographs: November 8, 2015

Documentation (PDF)

View to NW. 105 and 109 Parkway Ave. S. and 101 Parkway Ave. N, left to right. (in ’82 boundary)

View to E. Looking over the Root River towards 100, 104, and 106 Parkway Ave. S, left to right. Chicago, Milwaukee, & St. Paul Railway Bridge (1910) in foreground. (in ’82 boundary)

View to NE. East side of street starting with 108 Parkway Ave. N. on the far right, and the left side of the photograph shows the west side of Parkway Ave. N. starting with a fragment of 109 Parkway Ave. N. on the far left. (in ’82 boundary)

View to NW. 107 – 121 Parkway Ave. N, left to right. (in ’82 boundary)

View to W. 101 Parkway Ave. N. (Thompson & Thompson Store (c.1872)), 103 Parkway Ave. N. (Nelson & Nepstad Store (c.1879)), and 105 Parkway Ave. N. (Nelson & Cook Store (c.1872)), left to right. (in ’82 boundary)

View to SE. 110 Parkway Ave. N. (Farmers Merchants Telephone Exchange (c.1929)), 108 Parkway Ave. N. (Galligan Block (c.1895)), left to right. (in ’82 boundary)

View to SE. 105 Coffee St. E. (Gunn’s Brewery Saloon (c.1886)), 107 Coffee St. E. (C.A. Ward Barber Shop (c.1886)), 118 – 108 Parkway Ave. N, left to right. (in ’82 boundary)

View to E/SE. 202 Parkway Ave. N. C.C. Scanlon Clothing Store (c.1875, in ’16 boundary), non-contributing. 100 Coffee Street E, Scanlan General Store (c.1880, in ’82 boundary), left to right.

View to SE. 302 Parkway Ave. N, Railroad warehouse (c. 1900). 100 Beacon Street E, Nelson Brothers Cold Storage and N.O. Henderson Grain Elevator (c. 1884, 1898), left to right. (in ’16 boundary)

View to W. Rear view of 302 Parkway Ave. N, Railroad warehouse (c.1900). Rear view of 100- 102 Beacon Street E, Nelson Brothers Cold Storage and N.O. Henderson Grain Elevator (c. 1884, 1898), right to left. (in ’16 boundary)

View to NW. 100-102 Beacon Street E, Nelson Brothers Cold Storage and N.O. Henderson Grain Elevator (c. 1884, 1898), left to right. (in ’16 boundary)

View to E/SE. 118 Parkway Ave. N (Scanlan-Habberstad Bank & Trust Company Building (c.1916 and 1923)), 105 Coffee St. E. (Gunn’s Brewery Saloon (c.1886)), 107 Coffee St. E. (C.A. Ward Barber Shop (c.1886)), Dentist Office, (recent construction), 109 Coffee Street East, and 111 Coffee St. E. (Lanesboro Village Hall & Fire Hall (c.1886)), right to left. (in ’82 boundary)

View to NE. Rear of 105 Coffee St E, 109 Coffee St. E. and 111 Coffee St. E. (Lanesboro Village Hall & Fire Hall (c.1886)), left to right. Taken from Milwaukee Rd, the Root River State Trail is to the right. (in ’82 boundary)

View to NE. Right to left; 202, 204, 206, 208, and 210 Parkway Ave. N. C.C. Scanlon Clothing Store (c.1875), M.V. Bean Building (c.1890), St. Mane Theater (c.1897), Commonweal Theater (c. 2007), and White Front Café (c. 1940), respectively. (in ’16 boundary)

View to W. along north boundary. Rear view of 302 Parkway Ave. N., Railroad warehouse (c.1900). Rear view of 100-102 Beacon Street E., Nelson Brothers Cold Storage and N.O. Henderson Grain Elevator (c. 1884, 1898), right to left. (in ’16 boundary)

View to NW. Rear of 102 Parkway Ave. N. on the left. 111 – 115 Parkway Ave N. beyond, left to right. (in ’82 boundary)

View to SW. 105 Parkway Ave. S. (Scanlan Hall (c.1890)), 109 Parkway Ave S., right to left. (in ’82 boundary)

View to E. 204, 206, and 208 Parkway Ave. N. M.V. Bean Building (c.1890), and St. Mane Theater (c.1897), and Commonweal Theater, right to left. Photographed July 26, 2014. (in ’16 boundary)

View to N. 201 Parkway Ave. N. from Coffee St.W. DeVilliers Confectionery Building (c.1900). Photographed July 26, 2014. (in ’16 boundary)

View to W. 201 Parkway Ave N. from Parkway Ave N. DeVilliers Confectionery Building (c.1900). Photographed July 26, 2014. (in ’16 boundary)

View to W. Lanesboro Powerhouse (c. 1922). (in ’82 boundary)

View to SW. Lanesboro Stone Dam (c. 1868). (in ’82 boundary)

View to S. 111 Coffee St. E., Lanesboro Village Hall & Fire Hall (c.1886). (in ’82 boundary

View to W. James Thompson House (c. 1870). (in ’82 boundary)