The National Register of Historic Places Nominations
The National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation's historic places and can include districts, sites, buildings, structures and objects. These places must meet criteria in order to be listed in the National Register. Comments and questions from property owners, public officials and interested parties about the nomination program and process and what is means to be listed in the National Register are answered below.
- National Register Program Description (PDF)
- Criteria for Evaluation
- Rights of Owners to Comment and/or Object
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- How do I prepare a National Register nomination?
- How do I find information about a property's history?
- Future Review Board Meeting Dates
Review Board Meeting
The Minnesota Historical Society's State Review Board will consider the following for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 6 p.m.
- Informational Presentation by State Historic Preservation Office Staff
- Introduction and Comments by State Review Board Chair
- Approval of Minutes from March 19, 2013 Meeting
- Presentation of Nominations
- Fort Juelson (21OT198)
- Church of St. Rose of Lima
- Red Wing Waterworks
The meeting is open to the public and will be held in the Cargill Commons Room (Level 2, MacMillan Education Wing), Minnesota History Center, 345 Kellogg Blvd. West, St. Paul, Minnesota.
Preservation Office staff will present a brief presentation on the history, correspondence will be entered into the record, and the board will entertain comments from people in the audience who wish to speak. Following discussion, the board will act on the nomination, rendering an opinion of whether the property meets National Register Criteria.
Fort Juelson (21OT198)
2 Miles East of Underwood on Highway 210 and 1/4 North of Highway
210 on 315th Avenue, Tordenskjold Township, Otter Tail County
Authors: Sigrid Arnott, Scott Brosowske and David Maki, Archaeo-Physics, LLC
Church of St. Rose of Lima
8778 County 11 Boulevard, Kenyon, Goodhue County
Author: Jane Bisel, Blue Planet Consulting
Red Wing Waterworks
Levee Road, Red Wing
Author: Dan Hoisington, Hoisington Preservation Consultants