The National Register of Historic Places Nominations
The National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation's historic places and can include districts, sites, buildings, structures and objects. These places must meet criteria in order to be listed in the National Register. Comments and questions from property owners, public officials and interested parties about the nomination program and process and what is means to be listed in the National Register are answered below.
- National Register Program Description (PDF)
- Criteria for Evaluation
- Rights of Owners to Comment and/or Object
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- How do I prepare a National Register nomination?
- How do I find information about a property's history?
- Future Review Board Meeting Dates
Review Board Meeting
The Minnesota Historical Society's State Review Board will consider the following for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 6 p.m.
- Informational Presentation by State Historic Preservation Office Staff
- Introduction and Comments by State Review Board Chair
- Approval of Minutes from November 18, 2013 Meeting
- Presentation of Nominations
- Jacob A. and Mary Finn Bringgold House
- District No. 34 School
- United States Post Office and Custom House
- Lake Harriet Methodist Episcopal Church
The meeting is open to the public and will be held in the MN Cargill Commons (Level 2), Minnesota History Center, 345 Kellogg Blvd. West, St. Paul, Minnesota. Nominations for this meeting will be posted by February 18, 2014.
Preservation Office staff will present a brief presentation on the history, correspondence will be entered into the record, and the board will entertain comments from people in the audience who wish to speak. Following discussion, the board will act on the nomination, rendering an opinion of whether the property meets National Register Criteria.
Jacob A. and Mary Finn Bringgold House
318 2nd Street SW, Pine Island, Goodhue County
Authors: Emily Ganzel and Denis Gardner, State Historic Preservation Office
District No. 34 School
13728 St. Croix Trail South, Denmark Township, Washington County
Author: Amy Lucas, Landscape Research LLC
United States Post Office and Custom House
180 East Kellogg Boulevard, St. Paul, Ramsey County
Author: Emily Ramsey, MacRostie Historic Advisors LLC
Lake Harriet Methodist Episcopal Church
4401 Upton Avenue South, Minneapolis, Hennepin County
Author: Tammy Lindberg