The National Register of Historic Places Nominations
The National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation's historic places and can include districts, sites, buildings, structures and objects. These places must meet criteria in order to be listed in the National Register. Comments and questions from property owners, public officials and interested parties about the nomination program and process and what is means to be listed in the National Register are answered below.
- National Register Program Description (PDF)
- Criteria for Evaluation
- Rights of Owners to Comment and/or Object
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- How do I prepare a National Register nomination?
- How do I find information about a property's history?
- Future Review Board Meeting Dates
Review Board Meeting
The Minnesota Historical Society's State Review Board will consider the following for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 6 p.m.
- Informational Presentation by State Historic Preservation Office Staff
- Introduction and Comments by State Review Board Chair
- Approval of Minutes from August 20, 2013 Meeting
- Presentation of Nominations
- Minnesota and International Railway Trestle at Blackduck
- Hollywood Theater
- Plymouth Building
- Euclid View Flats
- Minnesota Milk Company Building
- St. Paul Union Depot
The meeting is open to the public and will be held in the MN Cargill Commons (Level 2), Minnesota History Center, 345 Kellogg Blvd. West, St. Paul, Minnesota.
Preservation Office staff will present a brief presentation on the history, correspondence will be entered into the record, and the board will entertain comments from people in the audience who wish to speak. Following discussion, the board will act on the nomination, rendering an opinion of whether the property meets National Register Criteria.
Minnesota and International Railway Trestle at Blackduck
North of CSAH 39, Blackduck, Beltrami County
Author:Author: Debra Kellner
2815 Johnson Street NE, Minneapolis, Hennepin County
Authors:Gregory Donofrio, Meghan Elliott, and Ryan Salmon, Preservation Design Works, LLC
12 South Sixth Street, Minneapolis, Hennepin County
Authors:Charlene Roise and Stephanie Atwood of Hess, Roise and Company and Meghan Elliot and Ryan Salmon of Preservation Design Works, LLC
Euclid View Flats
234-238 Bates Avenue, St. Paul, Ramsey County
Authors:Charlene Roise and Stephanie Atwood, Hess, Roise and Company
Minnesota Milk Company Building
370 West University Avenue, St. Paul, Ramsey County
Authors:Tom Zahn, Tom Zahn and Associates
St. Paul Union Depot
214 East Fourth Street, St. Paul, Ramsey County
Authors:Cleary Larkin, Beyer Blinder Belle, Architects and Planners