The National Register of Historic Places Nominations
The National Register of Historic Places is the official list of the Nation's historic places and can include districts, sites, buildings, structures and objects. These places must meet criteria in order to be listed in the National Register. Comments and questions from property owners, public officials and interested parties about the nomination program and process and what is means to be listed in the National Register are answered below.
- National Register Program Description (PDF)
- Criteria for Evaluation
- Rights of Owners to Comment and/or Object
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- How do I prepare a National Register nomination?
- How do I find information
about a property's history?
- Future Review Board Meeting Dates
Review Board Meeting
The Minnesota Historical Society's State Review Board will consider the following for nomination to the National Register of Historic Places on Tuesday, March 14, 2017
- Informational Presentation by State Historic Preservation Office Staff
- Introduction and Comments by State Review Board Chair
- Approval of Minutes November 15, 2016 Meeting
- Presentation of Nominations
- Olcott Park Electric Fountain and Rock Garden
- The Nobles County War Memorial Building
- Osseo Water Tower
- Minnesota Mutual Life Insurance Company Building
- St. Paul, Minneapolis and Manitoba Railway Company Shops Historic District
The meeting is open to the public and will be held in the Fraternal Classroom, (Level 2), Minnesota History Center, 345 Kellogg Blvd. West, St. Paul, Minnesota.
Preservation Office staff will present a brief presentation on the history, correspondence will be entered into the record, and the board will entertain comments from people in the audience who wish to speak. Following discussion, the board will act on the nomination, rendering an opinion of whether the property meets National Register Criteria.
Olcott Park Electric Fountain and Rock Garden
Northwestern Quadrant of Olcott Park, 9th Street North and 9th Avenue North, Virginia, St. Louis County
Author: Greg Gaut
The Nobles County War Memorial Building
407 12th Street, Worthington, Nobles County
Author: Barbara Sommer
Osseo Water Tower
25 4th Street NW, Osseo, Hennepin County
Author: Alexa McDowell, AKAY Consulting
Minnesota Mutual Life Insurance Company Building
345 Cedar Street, St. Paul, Ramsey County
Authors: Laurel Fritz and Tamara Halvorsen Lundt, Preservation Design Works
St. Paul Minneapolis and Manitoba Railway Company Shops Historic District
St. Paul, Ramsey County
Authors: Andrea Pizza, Deco Cultural Services