Request for Project Review Instructions and Form
How to Submit a Project for Review
Federal and state preservation laws require agencies (or their delegate agencies/applicants) to consult with our office regarding the potential of projects to affect historic resources.
To submit your project to us for review, please send project review materials in hard copy by mail or courier. You may use the optional Request for Project Review form and Instructions, or your letterhead to provide the following information about your project:
- Name of county
- Name of city (or township)
- Street address (if within a municipal boundary) or Township, Range, and Section of project's location (if outside of a municipal boundary).
- Nature of the project (e.g., rehabilitation, new construction, demolition, road construction, combination thereof...)
- Detailed description of the project
- Names of all government agencies involved (due to permits, funding or licensing)
- Quality, original photographs of all buildings and structures within the project area
- Dates of construction for all buildings and structures within the project area
- Maps indicating the project's location. (City maps are acceptable for rehabilitations and demolitions, but all projects involving ground disturbances require a copy of a USGS topographic map with the project location clearly marked.)
- Name and address of the person who should receive the Minnesota Historic Preservation Office (MnHPO) comment letter.
At this time, only paper copies of project submittals are accepted. We do not accept project information in digital format or via email.
Supplying the above materials will increase the likelihood that project review can be completed within the initial allotted 30-day review period. If we need to request additional information from you, project review is suspended until the additional information is received, and then the 30- day clock starts over. Note: any "due date" submitted by your organization will not override the regulatory allowance of up to 30 days from date of receipt for project review.
Please address all submittals to:
Sarah Beimers, Manager of Government Programs and Compliance
MnHPO - Compliance Unit
Minnesota Historical Society
345 Kellogg Blvd W
St. Paul, MN 55102-1906
For more information
Government Programs and Compliance Assistant