MNHS is currently looking for energetic volunteers who have an interest in history and helping the public, for our next exhibit, “First Avenue: Stories of Minnesota’s Mainroom.” This exhibit is open from May 4, 2019 through June 28, 2020.
During the shift, volunteers will rotate between being a gallery greeter, answering visitor questions, and working with gallery carts.
- Enjoys working with the general public, especially children.
- Feel comfortable working with large groups of visitors during busy time periods.
- Have well-developed communication skills: verbal, interpersonal, and public relation skills.
- Be friendly and courteous.
- Be able to understand and react to the various ways that visitors, especially children, respond and learn in an informal setting.
- Have the ability to make visitors feel welcome and answer their questions in a pleasant manner.
- 9:45am-2:00pm - Friday; OR
- Every other Saturday 9:45am-2:00pm; OR
- Every other Sunday 11:45am-4:00pm.
Training sessions - at the Minnesota History Center: TBD