Abraham Lincoln's funeral car
The funeral train car carried Abraham Lincoln's body 1,600 miles from Washington, D.C., to Springfield, Illinois in April 1865. In 1905, Twin City Rapid Transit Company President Thomas Lowry bought the car and brought it to Minnesota. Lowry died before he could rehabilitate it. The car passed to the Minnesota Federation of Women's Clubs, which stored it in Columbia Heights. In March 1911, a fire broke out and destroyed the funeral car.