For immediate release
MNHS Announces Plans for Historic Sites and Museums in 2020
The Minnesota Historical Society is working on plans to welcome back visitors to the Minnesota History Center, to Mill City Museum, and for tours at the Minnesota State Capitol later this year.
Earlier MNHS announced that Split Rock Lighthouse and Jeffers Petroglyphs will once again be open for visitors beginning July 15. Birch Coulee Battlefield, Lower Sioux Agency, Marine Mill and Traverse des Sioux are already open to the public.
While the remaining MNHS historic sites and museums will not have regular open hours for the rest of the year, staff at a number of sites are working on limited offerings including programs that could accommodate guests onsite. View an open/close grid.
In order to ensure the health and safety of guests, staff and the community, MNHS is limiting the number of daily visitors at Split Rock Lighthouse and Jeffers Petroglyphs. Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased online or through the box office at 651-259-3015. A limited number of tickets will be available for walk-ups.
New protocols designed to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19 can be viewed on the health and safety procedures page of each website, which can be found on our visit page.
MNHS is following recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control, and will adjust reopening plans as necessary.
For more information, visit our website at mnhs.org/covid-19.
About the Minnesota Historical Society
The Minnesota Historical Society is a nonprofit educational and cultural institution established in 1849. MNHS collects, preserves and tells the story of Minnesota’s past through museum exhibits, libraries and collections, historic sites, educational programs and publishing. Using the power of history to transform lives, MNHS preserves our past, shares our state’s stories and connects people with history. Visit us at mnhs.org.