Friday, July 21, 2023 (All day)
The Large pre-application application requesting more than $10,000 must be submitted by 11:59 pm on July 21, 2023. For a list of application dates »
These dates are subject to change pending funding approval by the Minnesota Legislature and Governor.
- July 21, 2023: REQUIRED pre-application draft deadline. A pre-application is required to be eligible to submit a final application. A pre-application is a draft of the final application using the MN Historical and Cultural application. It is critical that you complete the pre-application as thoroughly as possible. The more specific the pre-application, the better the advice will be from the Content Reviewers to help you prepare a competitive final application.
- September 15, 2023: Final application deadline at 11:59 PM
- November 2 and 3, 2023: The Historic Resource Advisory Committee (HRAC) will meet in the 3M Auditorium at the History Center, 345 W Kellogg Blvd, St Paul, MN. The committee will review applications and make its recommendations for awards for the fiscal year 2024 large grant round. HRAC meetings are open to the public and live-streamed.
- December 2023: MNHS Board approval based on HRAC recommendations, and the Grants Office sends notification letters to all applicants.
- December 2023: Grants Office prepares and sends the grant agreement. The grantee signs the grant agreement and returns them to the Grants Office.
- January 1, 2024: Earliest beginning date for project work*
- June 1, 2025: Latest ending date for project work*
*All work on projects funded in this grant cycle must be completed between January 1, 2023 and June 1, 2025 (except for historic building construction projects and/or projects with matching federal funds). Project periods of appropriate length are permissible as long as the beginning and end dates fall within this period. Please note: 12 months is a typical project period. The grant agreement will state the project start, end, and final report dates.