Application requests open on August 24, 2020.
McKnight Foundation Scholarship offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs and provides free admission to Mill City Museum for metro-area public schools.
- School must be a public schools in the Twin Cities Seven County Metro area (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington Counties).
- 50% or more of school's students must be enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program (FFRL).
- Visit to Mill City Museum must take place in January, February, or March.
- If your school is not eligible, please visit our scholarships, grants, and subsidies page to see other financial assistance available.
How It Works
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Eligible schools will receive free admission for all students and adults.
- Eligible schools will be reimbursed for bussing at the rate of up to $2 per student that attended the field trip.
- Schools may apply annually; having received a reward in a previous year does not make a school ineligible.
- McKnight Foundation Scholarship may not be used in combination with other MNHS transportation subsidies on the same field trip date.
Please Gather the Following Before You Apply
- The number of students who will be attending the field trip.
- The date of your intended field trip.
- The percentage of students at your school enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program (FFRL) on school letterhead in the form of a PDF to attach to this application.
- Fill out the online application.
- If funds are available, they will be applied to your reserved field trip.
Your Field Trip
Applying for a McKnight Foundation Scholarship does not schedule your field trip. Be sure to book your field trip.