Provide excellent service for guests and maintain the historic site lawn and garden! In addition to the benefits offered to all Minnesota Historical Society volunteers, the volunteer in this position will have an opportunity to:
- Learn about Charles A. Lindbergh and the site, Minnesota history, and Minnesota Historical Society
- Will contribute to the beautification of the site
- Gain experience and skills in garden care
Garden Work: Provide consistent maintenance of the grounds, landscaping, flower pots, and flower beds. Includes weeding and trimming.
- Warmly welcome visitors
- Commit to volunteering each day of agreed upon schedule
- Be punctual, and stay through the scheduled time
- Perform seasonally appropriate gardening tasks in the gardens
- Follow instructions given by staff members each day for work to be completed within the garden areas
- Attend shifts as scheduled. If illness or an emergency require a last-minute absence, notify your supervisor immediately so a substitute can be sought
- Achieve acceptable results on reference checks and a criminal background check.
- Be punctual and dependable
- Be flexible and adaptable to a dynamic and changing setting
- Display friendly, outgoing, respectful, and customer service-oriented behavior with guests of all ages
- Be comfortable in warm, wet, buggy, and dusty conditions where the potential to receive insect bites/stings is present.
- Have ability to perform light to medium duty physical labor, which may include the occasional use of tools and equipment
- Be comfortable working in warm, wet, buggy, and dusty conditions where the potential to receive insect bites/stings is present.
Volunteers will receive training and orientation from MNHS staff. Various skills, equipment, and instructions will be provided at the time of volunteer shift.
2 - 4 hours, Bi-weekly
Contact email@example.com for more information. Fill out the application here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=800954012