Green Thumb Volunteer
Start Date: 5/5/2023
Did you know that in the 1930’s, the WPA restored more than just Charles A. Lindbergh’s home? They also planted 4,000 trees and bushes. If you love to garden (or want to learn), come be a part of the legacy as a Green Thumb Volunteer.
These volunteers maintain the historic site lawn and garden. They also welcome guests to the home.
Green Thumb Volunteers provide consistent maintenance of the grounds, landscaping, flower pots, and flower beds. This opportunity includes weeding, trimming, and following directions given by site staff.
Since this is an outdoor opportunity close to the entrance of the house, Green Thumb Volunteers also welcome visitors and answer questions. No previous experience or equipment is required.
- 2-4 hours every two weeks (Wednesdays - Sundays).
- Start Date: 5/5/2023
Green Thumb Volunteers Should Be:
- Friendly and courteous
- Punctual and dependable - able to commit to an agreed upon schedule
- Willing to learn about the site
- Willing to learn how to provide directions
- Detail oriented, observant, and safety minded
- Comfortable being outside for 2-4 hours at a time
- Willing to get dirty, wet, hot, and encounter wildlife (like insects)
- Willing to follow staff directions before each shift
- Willing to learn how to use hand tools like rakes and shovels
- Comfortable with light to moderate physical exertion
- Able to achieve acceptable results on reference checks and a criminal background check (at no cost to you)
- Willing to learn how to register for and sign in/out of volunteer shifts on a computerized system
Please view accessibility information about the Lindbergh House in the link below. If you need accommodation to participate, reach out - let’s chat.
Charles Lindbergh House & Museum Accessibility Information
If selected, volunteers will receive training and orientation from MNHS staff. Instructions will be provided during each volunteer shift.
We love our volunteers! Active MNHS volunteers receive rewards and other perks. Special events, educational opportunities, and discounts are just some of the ways we recognize our volunteers.
Green Thumb Volunteers receive 20% off in the museum store at the Lindbergh Museum. They are invited to participate in all group field trips and activities completed by the Lindbergh site staff.
Perks for all active volunteers can be viewed on the bottom of the MNHS Volunteer News webpage.