Provide excellent service for guests, assist with navigation, and facilitate historic yard games! In addition to the benefits offered to all Minnesota Historical Society volunteers, the volunteer in this position will have an opportunity to:
- Learn about Charles A. Lindbergh and the site, Minnesota history, and Minnesota Historical Society
- Gain experience in facilitation, customer service and public history
Outdoor Program Support: Provide excellent service to assist guests navigate the site and facilitate historic yard games.
- Warmly welcome visitors
- Give a brief introduction of the site to each visitor and provide navigation instructions
- Direct visitors to specific areas around the site. This may include walking visitors to those areas.
- Commit to volunteering each day of agreed upon schedule
- Be punctual, and stay through the scheduled time
- Be willing to be outdoors
- Use of golf cart to transport as needed
- Attend shifts as scheduled. If illness or an emergency require a last-minute absence, notify your supervisor immediately so a substitute can be sought
- Display friendly, outgoing, respectful, and customer service-oriented behavior with guests of all ages
- Enjoys working with adults and children, has the ability to assert self; can speak up and be heard
- Be punctual and dependable and attentive to detail
- Be flexible and adaptable to a dynamic and changing setting
- Walk and stand on hard surfaces for a few hours at a time
- Enjoys a variety of activities and working as part of a team
- Enjoys teaching and facilitating and assist with yard games
- Achieve acceptable results on reference checks and a criminal background check.
Volunteers will receive training and orientation from MNHS staff. Instructions will be provided during the volunteer shift.
3 - 4 hour shifts every other Friday and Saturday
Contact email@example.com for more information. Fill out the application here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=800954012