Lindbergh Collections Crew
Start Date: ASAP
Do you pride yourself on your organization skills? Do you enjoy systems, details, and consistency? If so, join the Lindbergh Collections Crew!
These volunteers help site staff organize, rehouse, and create finding aids for the Lindbergh archives and collections.
This National Historic Landmark has a long and complex history. Members of the Collections Crew help staff preserve this place for the next generation. This is a unique opportunity to gain real-world experience in archive, museum, and collections work. No experience is required (we’ll train you), however, experience working with historical collections or archives would be helpful.
This service may include:
- Creating finding aids for archival materials
- Organizing, sorting, interfiling, and reboxing archival collections
- Labeling folders and boxes with clarity and accuracy
- Other processing projects, as identified
2-4 hours every two weeks (Wednesdays - Sundays). This is an ongoing opportunity
Collections Crew Volunteers Should Be:
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and consistency
- Comfortable working with computers
- Comfortable working in dusty environments
- Punctual and dependable - able to commit to an agreed upon schedule
- Flexible and adaptive to changing settings
- Strong writers
- Able to lift and move objects up to 20lbs
- Able to follow directions from site staff
- Able to achieve acceptable results on reference checks and a criminal background check (at no cost to you)
- Willing to learn how to register for and sign in/out of volunteer shifts on a computerized system
Please view accessibility information about the Lindbergh House in the link below. If you need accommodation to participate, reach out - let’s chat.
Charles Lindbergh House & Museum Accessibility Information
If selected, Collections Crew Volunteers will receive training and orientation from MNHS staff. Instructions will be provided during each volunteer shift. If you don’t have collections or archives experience, that’s ok - we’ll train you.
We love our volunteers! Active MNHS volunteers receive rewards and other perks. Special events, educational opportunities, and discounts are just some of the ways we recognize our volunteers.
Collections Crew Volunteers receive 20% off in the museum store at the Lindbergh Museum. They are invited to participate in all group field trips and activities completed by the Lindbergh site staff.
Perks for all active volunteers can be viewed on the bottom of the MNHS Volunteer News webpage.