Lindbergh Trail Scout
Start Date: May 26th, 2023
Hike through history as a Lindbergh Trail Scout! These volunteers walk the 1-2 miles of trail on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule.
Don’t want to scout alone? Bring fido! Leashed dogs are allowed on trails and grounds, but are not allowed in any of the public buildings.
Trails wind 1-2 miles around the historic house and through the state park. After each scouting mission, volunteers report the current conditions of the trail to site staff (washouts, fallen trees, etc.). Trail maintenance is not a part of this volunteer opportunity.
- Trail Scouts are needed for one scouting hike per week throughout the year. This is an outdoor opportunity.
Trail Scout Volunteers Should Be:
- Able to walk 1 - 2 miles of trails on our property and in the state park
- Willing to learn how to navigate using a basic trail map
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Comfortable in warm, wet, buggy, and dusty conditions where the potential to receive insect bites/stings is present
- Punctual and dependable - able to commit to an agreed upon schedule
- Attentive to detail
- Strong communicators
- Display friendly and respectful behavior with guests
- Able to achieve acceptable results on reference checks and a criminal background check (at no cost to you)
- Willing to learn how to register for and sign in/out of volunteer shifts on a computerized system
Please view accessibility information about the Lindbergh House in the link below. If you need accommodation to participate, reach out - let’s chat.
Charles Lindbergh House & Museum Accessibility Information
If selected, Trail Scout volunteers will receive training and orientation from MNHS staff. Instructions will be provided during each volunteer shift.
We love our volunteers! Active MNHS volunteers receive rewards and other perks. Special events, educational opportunities, and discounts are just some of the ways we recognize our volunteers.
Lindbergh Trail Scouts will explore Minnesota history, the Minnesota Historical Society, and the Lindbergh home. This volunteer opportunity will allow you to explore and help care for the land that touched the lives of the Lindbergh family. Your service will help us keep trails clear and safe for the next generation.
Trail Scout Volunteers receive 20% off in the museum store at the Lindbergh Museum. They are invited to participate in all group field trips and activities completed by the Lindbergh site staff.
Perks for all active volunteers can be viewed on the bottom of the MNHS Volunteer News webpage.