Position Summary: School Programs Greeter Volunteers work with the School and Youth Programs Coordinator and other History Center Museum Staff to greet and orient school and youth groups by passing out materials, answering questions, collecting attendance and making sure both students and chaperones feel welcome. Volunteers may guide students on their way into the museum, provide directions to bus drivers, and prepare schedules and materials for future groups.
- Greet students, teachers and chaperones.
- Direct them to coat rooms for stowing of their personal belongings.
- Direct groups to orientation rooms and provide a short orientation with the aid of a video.
- Direct groups to their scheduled lessons and lunch rooms
- Give directions and answer questions.
- Assist in handing out chaperone stickers, museum maps, scavenger hunts, and other materials.
- Assist in taking attendance from each group.
- When not busy with present groups, help prepare schedules and materials for future groups.
- Commit to volunteering for the agreed upon schedule.
- Works well with children and adults.
- Friendly and assertive.
- Speak, read, and write English. (Second language a bonus!)
- A one day training will be provided which will include:
- Basic knowledge of the Minnesota History Center operations and programming.
- How field trips work.
- Emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Covid safety procedures.
- Policies for working with children.
Time Commitment: One day every week, Tuesdays-Fridays; shift start times vary - starting at 9, and shift end times vary - ending at 2. Shift length is 3 hours.