Volunteers & Interns Support Crew
Start Date: 4/4/23
Want to volunteer but don’t know where to start? With over 1,500 volunteers across Minnesota, there’s always something to do! Join us behind the scenes at the History Center as a member of the Volunteer & Interns Support Crew. Help us help others!
- These volunteers help the Volunteer Services and the Internship Program staff with a variety of tasks. As a part of the Support Crew, you may:
- Help organize and take inventory of volunteer supplies like t-shirts, nametags, etc.
- Help prepare welcome packets for new volunteers and interns
- Help file, sort, and organize physical outreach materials (like brochures) and digital assets (like volunteer photos)
- Participate in volunteer and intern outreach events
- Help with proofreading and editing as needed
V&I Support Crew Volunteers are needed once or twice a month from 2-4 hours on Tuesdays. Opportunities to help with outreach events may happen on other days and times. We can work with your schedule.
This is an indoor opportunity
V&I Support Crew Volunteers Should Be:
- Friendly, outgoing, and courteous
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong communicators
- Able to handle multiple tasks, if needed
- Able to speak, read, and write in English
- Able to bend, crouch, kneel, reach, push, and pull
- Able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Able and willing to recognize and respect the confidentiality of material or data handled
- Able to achieve acceptable results on reference checks and a criminal background check (at no cost to you)
- Willing to learn how to register for and sign in/out of volunteer shifts on a computerized system
Please view accessibility information about The Minnesota History Center in the link below. If you need accommodation to participate, reach out - let’s chat.
The Minnesota History Center Accessibility Information
A two hour training will be provided which will include:
- Basic knowledge of the Minnesota Historical Society operations and programming
- How the Volunteers and Interns Department functions
- Emergency and evacuation procedures
- COVID safety procedures
After the training day, we’ll brief you before each new project.
We love our volunteers! Active MNHS volunteers receive rewards and other perks. Special events, educational opportunities, and discounts are just some of the ways we recognize our volunteers.
Members of the Volunteer & Interns Support Crew will explore Minnesota history, the Minnesota Historical Society, and Greater Minnesota sites. This environment will allow you to work directly with MNHS staff to see how our programs run. You’ll also be helping to support volunteers and interns across the state of Minnesota. Bus vouchers are available.
Perks for all active volunteers can be viewed on the bottom of the MNHS Volunteer News webpage.
Volunteer News | Minnesota Historical Society
The Minnesota History Center
345 W Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102