See the legislature in action in the restored House and Senate chambers.
The Senate and House meet in regular session each biennium for a total not exceeding 120 legislative days. According to Minnesota Statute 3.011:
- The legislature meets on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January of each odd-numbered year, unless the first Monday in January falls on January 1, when it meets on the first Wednesday after the first Monday.
- In the even numbered years, it convenes on a date set by joint agreement of both bodies.
- The legislature also meets when called by the governor to meet in special session.
- Frequently asked questions about the Minnesota Legislature
- Combined legislative calendar