St. Paul, MN 55101
Presented in partnership with Minnesota Public Radio, this live stage show explores World War I history and features some of the state's most talented storytellers and musicians. The show will echo many of the themes and stories found in the History Center exhibit WW1 America, including the glory and tragedy of the war, patriotism and dissent on the home front, popular entertainment, the struggles of women's suffrage, the Great Migration and more.
Host Dan Chouinard will be joined by storyteller Kevin Kling, a diverse and distinguished group of guest speakers and an all-star ensemble of musicians:
Vocalists Arne Fogel, Jennifer Grimm, Maria Jette, Andre Shoals and The River City Quartet; and a nine-piece band featuring Butch Thompson, Peter Ostroushko and Dave Karr.
- Patricia Hampl, author and educator
- Ann Bancroft, explorer and author
- Dr. Michael Osterholm, epidemiologist at the University of Minnesota
- Dr. Saje Mathieu, professor of African-American studies at the University of Minnesota
- Chris Capozzola, author and professor of history at MIT
- Laura Vogt, education curator at the National World War I Museum and Memorial
- Dr. Annette Atkins, author and professor emerita of history at St. John's University and the College of St. Benedict
This program is made possible in part by the Legacy Amendment's Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on Nov. 4, 2008.
2017-04-07 19:00:00 2017-04-07 19:00:00 America/Chicago The War That Changed Us: Songs & Stories from WW1 America Fitzgerald Theater