Volunteers are essential to the Minnesota Historical Society.
It's our goal to make volunteering as enjoyable for you as it is valuable for us.
Nearly 2,000 volunteers contribute to the work of our mission everyday. If you have enthusiasm, good customer service skills, enjoy history and exploring cultural organizational environments and are a lifelong learner, then volunteering at MNHS may be for you.
We seek volunteers from diverse backgrounds to help tell the story of all Minnesotans. From greeting visitors and school groups to working behind the scenes working on shipwreck records or scanning photos, every volunteer brings meaning to the work that they do.
We are now placing volunteers in a variety of positions at the History Center, Historic Fort Snelling and Mill City Museum:
- Evaluation Data Collector at the Minnesota History Center in May - July
- Historic Fort Snelling Fifes and Drums for student volunteers in February - August
- People Mover Driver Drive a golf cart to transport visitors at Historic Fort Snelling in May - September
- "We are Hmong MN" Exhibit Assistant Exhibit opens in March at the Minnesota History Center
- Baking Lab Assistant year-round at Mill City Museum
- More opportunities