Minneapolis, MN 55407
History and science come together in a day of family activities focusing on the role of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) in the past and present of the Minneapolis riverfront. Hands-on programs designed for all ages include:
- Featuring Zpuppet Rosenschnoz performing their new play about Cherokee language, Sing it! Say it! Play it!
- Experience hair-raising electricity with the Ecolab Science team
- Meet majestic Minnesota birds with the Raptor Center
- Plant a seed and learn about alternative growing with the Minnesota Grange
- Meet costumed history player William de la Barre, the engineer who advanced Minneapolis milling and waterpower
- Witness a flour dust explosion and learn the science behind the Washburn A Mill explosion of 1878
- Invent a solution to a mill problem using K'nex
- Learn about kitchen chemistry in a Baking Lab demonstration
- Get your hands wet in the newly updated Water Lab and learn about mechanical waterpower and hydroelectricity
- And more activities to come from organizations, including MN Department of Transportation, General Mills Wheat and Flour Lab, St. Anthony Falls Water Laboratory, Minneapolis Parks, and the Microscopy Society
Special thanks to General Mills for its sponsorship of STEM Family Day.
2020-02-22 11:00:00 2020-02-22 11:00:00 America/Chicago STEM Family Day Mill City Museum