Minneapolis, MN 55407
History and science come together in a day of family activities focusing on the role of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) in the past and present of the Minneapolis riverfront. Hands-on programs designed for all ages include:
- Zpuppet Rosenschnoz performing their new play about Cherokee language, Sing it! Say it! Play it!
- Meet majestic Minnesota birds with the Raptor Center
- Learn about Dakota language at Čhokáta Nážiŋ: The Dakota Language Table, a living and traveling gathering space for the Dakota language to be re-strengthened through a deeper understanding of the interdependent relationships of the land, language, and lifeways to the health and well-being of people that call Mnísota Makhóčhe (Minnesota) home
- Plant a seed and learn about alternative growing with the Oliver H. Kelley Grange
- Get up close to reptiles with the Herpetological Society
- Join an activity to learn about the erosion of St. Anthony Falls over time with the National Park Service
- Test your knowledge of density and buoyancy and invent a "flink," an object that neither floats or sinks in water, with Mounds Park Academy Makers Space
- Challenge your family to build a bridge with the MN Department of Transportation
- See up close with the Microscopy Society
- Build up with AIA Minnesota, the state chapter of the American Institute of Architects
- Explore nature science with Minneapolis Parks
The above activities are free. Additional activities inside the museum, including, What's up with Wheat? with the General Mills Wheat and Flour Lab, require museum admission.
Special thanks to General Mills for its sponsorship of STEM Family Day.
2020-02-22 11:00:00 2020-02-22 11:00:00 America/Chicago STEM Family Day Mill City Museum