World War I Centennial Weekend
St. Paul, MN 55111
Commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I in 2018. The "Great War," as WWI was then called, raged for three years before the US entered the conflict in 1917. America's participation tipped the balance in favor of the Allied powers and helped end the war in November 1918.
During World War I Weekend, explore the ways this conflict shaped the world we know today and learn about Minnesota's role in the war. Visit with costumed interpreters and reenactors, watch military demonstrations, stand in a recreated WWI-style trench, and experience what life was like for Minnesotans during this crucial time.
- 10 am - Open
- 10:15 am - Flag Raising Ceremony
- 10:30 am-5 pm - Hands-On History Activity: Make a Remembrance Day Poppy (Officers' Quarters)
- 11 am- Bayonet & Grenade Drill
- 11:30 am - Women's Suffrage Rally (Commandant's House)
- 12 pm - Fire & Maneuver Drill
- 12:30 pm - WWI Era Dancing (Officers' Quarters)
- 1 pm - Gas Attack Drill / Baseball Game
- 1:30 pm - WWI Songs Sing-Along (Officers' Quarters)
- 2 pm - Bayonet & Grenade Drill
- 2:30 pm - Women's Suffrage Rally (Commandant's House)
- 3 pm - Fire & Maneuver Drill
- 3:30 pm - WWI Era Dancing (Officers' Quarters)
- 4 pm - Gas Attack Drill / Baseball Game
- 4:30 pm - Flag Lowering Ceremony
- 5 pm - Close
Schedule is subject to change. All demonstrations take place on the Parade Ground unless otherwise noted.
2018-08-18 10:00:00 2018-08-18 10:00:00 America/Chicago World War I Centennial Weekend Historic Fort Snelling