Applications for Spring 2016 are now CLOSED. Please check back later for more opportunities.
The High School Internship Program (HSIP) is a work-based learning program that gives high school students grades 10-12 unprecedented access to MNHS staff, programs and amenities.
This program has supported teen gallery assistants tasked to staff the museum galleries and design, prototype and implement gallery programs at the Minnesota History Center. See a position description.
As you make your decision to apply, please look at your schedule to make sure that you will be able to commit ten hours each week in the Spring.
These are the criteria for evaluation. Your ability to:
- be a contributing member of the group through discussions and projects
- be on time for meetings as specified in the position description
- be available to commit to one 5 hour shift on weekdays and/or weekends each week (Spring internship)
- show enthusiasm and passion for museums and the arts
Because there are a limited number of placements available, you will not be invited for an interview until a completed application packet, as described below, is received by Internship staff:
- Your completed online application
- Two letters of recommendation (PDF) from a teacher, coach or other non-family reference
- A signed permission form (PDF) from your parent/guardian if you are under 18 years old
- A background check if you are over 18 years old. (You will be asked to provide your social security number, date of birth and past residences to complete this.)