Minnesota Museum Property Legislation
The Museum Property Legislation went into effect on August 1, 2004. For reference, it is be Chapter 213 in 2004 Session Law.
An ad hoc group of museum staff and volunteers worked to resolve problems of unclaimed/undocumented objects in museum collections. Similar to existing laws in more than half the states, the statue enables museums/historical societies to secure legal title to unclaimed or undocumented objects. The bill was introduced by Representatives Dean Urdahl (District 18B), Debra Hilstrom (District 46B), and Bud Heidgerken (District 13A) as H.F.1645.
Minnesota's Historical Organizations Directory
- County Historical Societies, Chapters, and Local Organizations
- Tribal Heritage Preservation Offices
- Regional Research Centers
- Topical Historical Organizations
- Professional Networks and Organizations
- Heritage Preservation Commissions NOTE: This list is managed by the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO)
This directory consists of county historical societies and their chapters, local and regional historical preservation and genealogical organizations, as well as related museum organizations. This directory is not intended for commercial purposes, but as a guide to the historical organizations of Minnesota. Every effort has been made to reflect current officers and addresses. Please inform us of changes, additions, or deletions by filling out the Minnesota History Organization Directory Registration Form.