The Heritage Preservation Department at the Minnesota Historical Society has established the following listing criteria and policies to guide the use and maintenance of the Preservation Specialists Directory.
Criteria for Listing
- Location of Company
- Services: must be within the 5-state area (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota).
- Suppliers: anywhere in the U.S.
- Services: must have completed at least one history, conservation, or historic preservation project in Minnesota in the past 3 years.
- Suppliers: items supplied must be commonly and specifically used for history, conservation, or historic preservation projects and must meet appropriate Standards for the respective areas.
- Special Criteria for Construction Contractors
- Must be licensed to work in Minnesota, bonded, and insured (if applicable)
- Special Criteria for Contract Historians
- Company may be located anywhere in the U.S., but only if involved in a Cultural Resource Management project in Minnesota in the past 3 years.
- Qualifying experience is defined as work undertaken for a Section 106 review project, a Certified Local Government grant, a Tax Act application, or other National Register program.
Consent from the listed company or individual is required for inclusion in the Directory.
Updates to listings
It is the responsibility of the listed company or individual to notify the Heritge Preservation Department of updates to listing information by submitting an online Contractor Registration Form. However, the Department may solicit updates from time to time. Note: It may take several weeks for staff to add/update listings once a request has been received.
Removal from Directory
A listing may be removed if
- No work is completed in Minnesota in the prior 3 years,
- The contact information becomes outdated,
- Requested by the listed entity.
Right to Alter or Edit Listing Content
The Heritage Preservation Department reserves the right to alter or edit submitted listing content in any way deemed appropriate and necessary.
The Preservation Specialists Directory is provided for informational purposes, only, and should not be construed as an endorsement of the companies and individuals therein. Listing information is self-reported and not verified by the Heritage Preservation Department. We strongly recommend that directory users check references and conduct careful interviews before contracting services or goods. The Directory’s policy is subject to change without prior notice.