- Accessible parking
- For visitors with mobility disabilities
- For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- MNHS statement on accessibility
- One disability parking spot available in rear parking lot.
- The parking lot is paved, but there is no sidewalk or path to house.
- Service animals welcome.
- First aid kits available.
- No restrooms available on site.
For visitors with mobility disabilities
- The historic site is not accessible.
- The front door has 2 steps, does not have a ramp, and does not have an automatic opening button.
- Doorways and passages are too narrow to accommodate a wheelchair.
- The stairway to the second story is steep and narrow.
- Ceilings upstairs are low and may require visitors to duck and/or stoop.
For visitors who are blind or have low vision
- Tactile potential inside museum.
MNHS statement on accessibility
Mayo House welcomes all visitors. We recognize the diverse needs of our audience and strive to offer accessible programming to enable all visitors to explore this historic site.
However, accessibility for guests with limited mobility can be challenging at our historic sites due to historic and natural features. With advance notice, we will make every effort to respond to access needs.
Our goal is to provide as much information as possible to guests before their visit to any of our sites and museums.
If you have additional questions about accessibility or other needs, please contact the Mayo House at 507-665-3250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions regarding access initiatives at the Minnesota Historical Society, please contact 651-259-3480 or email@example.com.