Speak up for history! Let your legislators know that support from the State of Minnesota helps MNHS operate a statewide network of sites and employ talented staff who help Minnesotans learn about the past.
Why you should speak up for Minnesota history
Regardless of our state’s economic situation, it's important to not lose sight of the value of MNHS and other history organizations to all Minnesotans. Legislators and the governor need to hear from voters that funding MNHS, history education, grants and preservation programs is a good use of tax dollars.
Whenever you speak up for history, you’re making a difference. Effective ways to speak up:
- Send a message to your state representative, senator, and the governor
- Have a Zoom meeting with your representative
- Write a personal letter to your representative
- Call your representative
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper
- Tell your friends and colleagues
- Use social media to spread the word about the importance of history