MNHS membership is the best way to create your very own historic adventure. Members get the best deal in history with free general admission and discounts on events, purchases, and more at 26 historic sites and museums for a full year. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Right now, history—and your support—matters more than ever. Note: as staff are working remotely in compliance with COVID-19 recommendations, membership cards will be mailed biweekly and you should receive them within 4-6 weeks. You will receive an email confirmation of your membership ID number, level, and payment.
- Free general admission and a 20% discount on ticketed events at 26 MNHS historic sites and museums in Minnesota
- Members-only discounts on...
- Dining at Minnesota History Center's Market House by D'Amico and Mill City Museum's Bushel & Peck Cafe
- All books published by MNHS Press
- Shopping at all MNHS museum stores and at shop.mnhs.org
- Copies of historic photos and documents from MNHS collections
- Services in the Gale Family Library
- Minnesota History Center parking
- Subscriptions to...
- New exhibit preview parties and members-only events year-round
- Time Travelers reciprocal benefits at nearly 250 historical societies nationwide
- A portion of your MNHS membership is tax deductible.
$5 teacher discount — I'm a K-12 teacher, administrator, or homeschooler
$5 senior discount — I'm age 65+
- Membership benefits for 2 named adults + kids under age 18 in household, or grandchildren
- Admission for 3 additional guests outside household
- Invitation to annual Conversation With a Curator event
- Invitation to annual Members-Only Access event
- Recognition in Annual Report
- Invitation to Behind-the-Scenes collections tours
North Star Circle
North Star Circle members each contribute at least $1,200 annually to MNHS general operations, and their leadership and generosity help make MNHS one of the largest and most respected organizations of our kind in the country.
North Star Circle members help MNHS expand its efforts to preserve Minnesota’s past, share its powerful stories, and connect people with history.