The Minnesota Historical Society Press is a leading publisher of the history and culture of Minnesota and the Upper Midwest. The Press advances research, supports education, serves the local community, and expands the reputation of the MNHS through the publication of books and e-products, the Minnesota History journal, and the free, digital encyclopedia, MNopedia.
The MNHS Press publishes books under the following imprints:
- Minnesota Historical Society Press
- Borealis Books
- MNHS Express
Minnesota History Magazine
Minnesota History magazine provides history lovers with intriguing stories about Minnesota’s past in full-color, richly illustrated print and digital formats.
MNopedia is a free, curated, authoritative resource about Minnesota. All of our articles are prepared by historians, consulting experts, professional writers, and others who have been vetted by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society Press
345 W. Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102
Staff Contact Information
- Josh Leventhal, Interim Director and Acquisitions Editor
651-259-3218 | email@example.com
Subrights; community-Press partnerships; editorial and acquisitions inquiries relating to Minnesota popular culture, Scandinavian studies, nature and environment, sports history, military history
- Alison Aten, Publicity and Promotions
651-259-3203 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Media contact; author event inquiries
- Linda Cameron, MNopedia Editor
651-259-3207 | email@example.com
Author contact, article acquisition, content development, and outreach
- Peter DeCarlo, MNopedia Editorial Assistant
651-259-3213 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Article fact-checking, Web publishing, and social media
- Lizzie Ehrenhalt, MNopedia Associate Editor
651-259-3250 | email@example.com
Editorial process and policy, article requirements and development
- Matt Horstman, Sales Manager for K-12 and Post-Secondary Education
651-259-3435 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales to the education market, especially K-12.
- Daniel A. Leary, Design and Production Manager
651-259-3209 | email@example.com
All design and production inquiries
- Shannon M. Pennefeather, Managing Editor
651-259-3212 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial freelance inquiries; editorial and acquisitions inquiries relating to food and cooking and children’s picture books
- Mary Poggione, Sales and Marketing Director
651-259-3204 | email@example.com
Business management, advertising, website management, royalties
- Ann Regan, Editor in Chief
651-259-3206 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial and acquisitions inquiries relating to Native Americans, Minnesota's diverse peoples, memoirs and creative nonfiction, and general history; permissions
- Serenity Shanklin, Sales Manager
651-259-3202 | email@example.com
Sales inquiries, including special sales/bulk discount; exhibits, conferences, and awards
- Laura Weber, Editor, Minnesota History magazine
651-259-3207 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All inquiries relating to the magazine
- See our Order page or visit your local bookseller to buy our books. Customer service inquiries should be directed to Serenity Shanklin, Sales Manager, at 651-259-3202 or email@example.com.
The Minnesota Historical Society Press is a proud member of the Association of American University Presses. AAUP is an organization of nonprofit scholarly publishers whose 122 members—located in the United States, Canada, and abroad—publish high-quality books, journals, and electronic media for educated readers throughout the world.